Transmasculine, often abbreviated to transmasc, refers to transgender people who have a gender identity that is predominantly masculine. Another definition refers to transgender people who typically were assigned female at birth and whose genders are mainly masculine. Transmasculine people may or may not identify as male. It can be a standalone identity term or an umbrella term that may include certain identities, such as:
- Transgender men
- Non-binary people who feel their gender is masculine, whether entirely or partially
- Genderfluid or multigender people who feel predominantly masculine, such as genderfaun people
- Boyflux people
- Definition of transmasculine on pronouns.page: https://en.pronouns.page/dictionary/terminology#transmasculine
- What Does It Mean to Be Transmasculine? 12 Things to Consider (healthline.com)
- Hardell, Ash. The ABC's of LGBT+. Mango Media Inc., 2016. ISBN 9781633534087.